Long Residence (10-years route)
If you have completed 10 years of continuous and lawful residence in the UK, you might be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain (“ILR”).
You can submit your settlement application no more than 28 days before completing the required qualifying period.
The key points under this visa route are that:
• You have completed 10 years of continuous lawful residence in the UK
• You have met the requirements for Knowledge of Life and Language in the UK (unless exempt)
• You are not in breach of immigration law or fall under refusal on general grounds
• You do not have any breaks in your continuous residence and have not been absent from the UK for 6 months at any one time
• You have not been absent from the UK for a total of 18 months or more throughout the whole 10-year period
If you believe that you might be able to qualify under the Long Residence 10 years route, please do not hesitate to contact our Immigration team for assistance.
*Please note that requirements may vary from case to case based on the nuances of your situation, and the information on this page is not intended to replace legal advice.