Sponsorship License


A Sponsorship Licence is a permit given by the Home Office to an organisation to sponsor migrant workers. Migrant workers must have a sponsor before they can apply to come to or remain in the UK for work.

When submitting the sponsorship license application, an employer agrees to fulfil a number of contractual obligations and duties. To obtain the licence, the company must apply to the Home Office using the online application form and supply specified documents within 5 working days from the date of the online submission. As part of the sponsorship licence application, the company must appoint an Authorising Officer, who should be a senior and paid member of staff or engaged by the company as an office holder. The company must further appoint a Level 1 User, who will be responsible for day-to-day activities by using the Sponsor Management System.

As of the 6th of April 2024, there is no requirement to renew the Sponsorship License.

How we can assist you?

As a part of our full representation service we offer:

  • Comprehensive legal advice on the procedure of applying for the Sponsorship License, the sponsor’s duties and responsibilities as well as potential penalties
  • An initial assessment of the company’s eligibility to apply for the Licence
  • Assistance with the Resident Labour Market Test (if required)
  • Detailed advice on the list of supporting documents to be provided to the Home Office as a part of the Licence application
  • Assistance with preparation for the Home Office compliance visit
  • Assistance with managing the Licence as well as answering ad-hoc queries regarding Skilled Worker, Global Business Mobility Routes, and T2 and T5 applications.

Should you require any assistance with your Sponsorship License application or you wish to assess your company’s eligibility for the Licence, please do not hesitate to contact us.

*Please note that requirements may vary from case to case based on the nuances of your situation, and the information on this page is not intended to replace legal advice.