Sponsorship Licence Application
A Sponsorship Licence is a permit given by the Home Office to an organisation to sponsor migrant workers. Migrant workers must have a sponsor before they can apply to come to or remain in the UK for work.
When submitting the sponsorship license application, an employer agrees to fulfil a number of contractual obligations and duties. To obtain the licence, the company must apply to the Home Office using the online application form and supply specified documents within 5 working days from the date of the online submission. As part of the sponsorship licence application, the company must appoint an Authorising Officer, who should be a senior and paid member of staff or engaged by the company as an office holder. The company must further appoint a Level 1 User, who will be responsible for day-to-day activities by using the Sponsor Management System.
The Sponsorship License is valid for 4 years, with the possibility of further extension.
How we can assist you?
As a part of our full representation service we offer:
• Comprehensive legal advice on the procedure of applying for the Sponsorship License, the sponsor’s duties and responsibilities as well as potential penalties
• An initial assessment of the company’s eligibility to apply for the Licence
• Assistance with the Resident Labour Market Test (if required)
• Detailed advice on the list of supporting documents to be provided to the Home Office as a part of the Licence application
• Assistance with preparation for the Home Office compliance visit
• Assistance with managing the Licence as well as answering ad-hoc queries regarding Tier 2 and Tier 5 applications.
Should you require any assistance with your Sponsorship License application or you wish to assess your company’s eligibility for the Licence, please do not hesitate to contact us.
*Please note that requirements may vary from case to case based on the nuances of your situation, and the information on this page is not intended to replace legal advice.