Businessman touching global network and


Other Immigration Applications


No Time Limit (“NTL”)

If you have an Indefinite Leave to Enter (“ILE”) or Remain (“ILR”)/Settlement in the UK in a valid, lost, stolen or expired passport, you can have your “settled” status transferred to a biometric residence permit (“BRP”) by making a no time limit application (“NTL”).

You can also apply for NTL if you do not have any documentary evidence to confirm your “settled” status, for example, because you were deemed settled in the UK on 1 January 1973 in line with section 1(2) of the Immigration Act 1971.

In order to qualify for NTL, you must:

  • have an ILE or ILR in the UK;

  • have not lost your ILE or ILR by being absent from the UK for 2 consecutive years or more since that ILE/ILR was granted;

  • proof that your ILE/ILR has not been revoked

You can apply by post (NTL application processing time is usually 8 weeks) or using the same day processing service.

Transfer of Conditions (“TOC”)

If you have limited leave to remain in the UK in an identity document which is lost, stolen or damaged you should make a transfer of conditions application.

You can make an application for biometric residence permit (“BRP”) to the Home Office using TOC application form if:

  • you have limited leave to remain in the UK in an identity document (such as passport) which is lost, stolen, damaged or due to expire;

  • you have your immigration status endorsed on an immigration status document;

  • you wish to change your personal details on your immigration status document or BRP card (for example if you have changed your name following marriage)


Applications using TOC application form can be made to the Home Office by post or using the same day processing service.

Biometric Residence Permit replacement “BRP (RC)”

You can make an application using BRP(RC) application form if you already have a valid Biometric Residence Permit or Immigration Status Document which requires replacement due to one of the following reasons:

  • your BRP has been lost, stolen or damaged;

  • your BRP has expired after receiving Indefinite Leave to Remain;

  • you are a refugee (recognised under the 1951 Convention) and your immigration status document has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you wish to replace it with a BRP;

  • you have been granted humanitarian protection and your immigration status document has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you wish to replace it with a BRP


Applications for BRP replacements can be made by post or at one of the Home Office’s Public Enquiry Office (PEO) centres.

Subject Access Request (“SAR”)

You can request your personal information that is held on the Home Office’s immigration records. This request is known as Subject Access Request (“SAR”).

There are three types of request:

  • Basic;

  • Specific; or

  • Detailed


You need to apply online using the online application form or by post directly to Subject Access Request Unit.

Along with duly completed application form, the following documents should also be submitted:

  • a copy of your photo identification, such as a valid passport;

  • written confirmation from a third party confirming that your photo identification is a true likeness of you;

  • a letter giving permission for your records to be sent to you or your legal representative;

  • proof of your relationship, if you are applying for a child under 12

Should you require assistance or/and legal advice in relation to any of the above-mentioned applications, please do not hesitate to contact our immigration team.

*Please note that requirements may vary from case to case based on the nuances of your situation, and the information on this page is not intended to replace legal advice.

Meet The Team

Chan Neill Solicitors is a trading name of Chan Neill Solicitors LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales, under number OC430320. Chan Neill Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA number: 668071. We use the word partner to refer to a member of Chan Neill Solicitors LLP, or an employee or consultant who is a lawyer with equivalent standing and qualification. A list of members names together with a list of non members who are designated as partners is available for inspection at our registered office at 107 Charterhouse Street, London, EC1M 6HW