Businessman touching global network and


T2 Minister of Religion visa

The Minister of Religion visa route caters to those, who have a key leading role within their faith-based organisation or religious order in the United Kingdom.

It is possible to switch to Minister of Religion visa route within the UK from the eligible visa categories.

The Minister of Religion is a route to settlement in the UK and a dependent partner and children can join the main applicant under this visa route.

Mandatory criteria to be met when applying for Minister of Religion visa are split into validity, suitability, eligibility and financial and English language requirements.

In order to be successfully granted Minister of Religion visa, the applicant must be aged 16 or over and must be awarded at least 70 points based on:

· Offer of a job by an approved sponsor (50 points)

· Financial requirement (10 points)

· English Language requirement at level B2 (intermediate) in all 4 components (listening, speaking, reading and writing) (10 points)

When applying for permission to stay in the United Kingdom and having resided in the UK with permission for 12 months, the applicant will automatically meet the financial requirement. If not, the applicant must have held the funds of at least £1,270 for a 28-day period or have a confirmation from their A-rated Licensed sponsor that they will meet the maintenance associated with the visa application.

Settlement in the United Kingdom

In order to be eligible to apply for settlement under the Minister of Religion route, the applicant must have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK, which must consist of time with permission to enter/remain in the UK on any (or a combination) of the following routes: T2 Minister of Religion, T2 Sportsperson, Skilled Worker, Innovator, Global Talent, Representative of an Overseas Business, or as a Tier 1 Migrant, other than as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant.

The specified continuous period must not be broken at any time during the 5-years’ period.

The applicant must also meet the Knowledge of Life in the UK requirement by taking the Life in the UK test and demonstrating sufficient knowledge of the English language.

For further information about Minister of Religion visa and for the tailored advice to a specific case scenario please do not hesitate to contact our Immigration Team.

Our regulated advisers have had many years of experience assisting applicants and their family members with their relocation to the UK as well as with their extension and Indefinite Leave to Remain (settlement) visa applications.

*Please note that requirements may vary from case to case based on the nuances of your situation, and the information on this page is not intended to replace legal advice.

Meet The Team

Chan Neill Solicitors is a trading name of Chan Neill Solicitors LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales, under number OC430320. Chan Neill Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA number: 668071. We use the word partner to refer to a member of Chan Neill Solicitors LLP, or an employee or consultant who is a lawyer with equivalent standing and qualification. A list of members names together with a list of non members who are designated as partners is available for inspection at our registered office at 107 Charterhouse Street, London, EC1M 6HW