Copyright Chan Neill Solicitors
Legal Notices Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA ID Number: 388780
Member of the UK Advisory Network
Mariel has spent most of the last 30 years as a partner in City / Central London law firms.
Throughout her career she has worked on complex big ticket disputes for institutions, corporations and individuals involved in corporate, commercial, financial, IT, trusts, multi-jurisdictional and cross border disputes. She is a specialist in international trade including commodities, marine and logistics work and in insurance work. She has extensive experience of pursuing and defending claims for professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty involving a wide range of professionals.
Mariel has been a CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) Accredited Mediator since 2005 - recognised in Chambers 2009 as a leader in Dispute Resolution, where she is described as having the ‘appropriate personal demeanor for dispute resolution’. She is a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association (PNLA), Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association (WISTA) UK, and of Zonta International. Mariel is also a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA). She is mentioned in Legal Experts published by Legal Business, for her expertise in Shipping. Recent representative cases include:
- Acting for an IFA about MBO documentation interpretation, pension review claimants and FSA - applications to Court of Appeal, and trial in High Court Chancery Division.
- Pursuing for offshore trust/joint venture ex-employees; tracing assets; obtaining Worldwide Freezing Order; mirror orders; blocking funds in USA, Germany, elsewhere.
- Making/defending applications for anti-suit injunctions in arbitration/legal proceedings, advising on conflict and jurisdiction.
- Advising and acting in shareholder disputes, disputes involving franchises, commercial agencies and breaches of warranty.
- Pursuing stock brokers/defending stockbrokers - involving London Stock Exchange Rules, US Stock Exchanges and FSA Regulations.
Contact details: Tel. +44 (0)20 7253 7781 / Email. firstname.lastname@example.org